Monday, October 02, 2017

From Jenna Orkin


Robin Westenra
9 hrs ·
REPOSTING. ALL THE PEOPLE IN INTENSIVE CARE IN PURTO RICO DIED.
From Lucy Lussier Nielsen via Betsy Alexander:
Nelson M. Rosario
My dad lives in #PuertoRico. I got to speak with him this morning. I say got to because there are tons of people who haven't been able to reach loved ones, or have barely any communication with them.
I explained to my dad what the President had said, that Puerto Ricans wanted everything done for them, that they couldn't get their workers to work, and that the mayor of San Juan was playing politics when she got upset yesterday taking about how dire the situation on the island is.
My dad didn't say anything for a second, and just goes "Wow." He then says "You know what, I'm gonna share one detail with you. Just one."
Now for context, my dad is helping with the rebuilding effort down there, and a lot of his friends are connected with the government, whether in elected office or appointed positions.
So, my dad says "There is a medical center down here, and everyone that was in the Intensive Care Unit, died. Everyone. And that's just one detail that I can tell you. That's what should be tweeted at the President."





No comments: